Saturday, December 7, 2013

Making an Appearance

I've been away for a few .....months, so I have some catching up to do.

First, please forgive me for not blogging. I've been a little preoccupied with some other things.

Family, sewing, and work have been on the top of my list. Work has kept me very busy, but it's been very rewarding. OPL is a great work environment, and I love my job. My responsibilities become more challenging each day, and it's a wonderful breath of fresh air to know I have such accomplished individuals around me.

Though I haven't photographed everything I've made this year, I've been busy smocking. I've made several dresses, and have several more to go before this year's over.

Our church started a building project. St Symeon the New Theologian Orthodox Church has photos up. We also recorded a new CD, or 3. You can hear them at the link, or on Ancient Faith Radio.

My Nephew was in Cub/Boy Scouts this year. He accomplished a great deal in a year, including the highest honors in Cub Scouts. His first year he participated, he won second place in the pack with his pinewood derby.

His car is the blue one. His designs and his work. So proud of him!

 
 And, someone has a surprise coming!

I've been asked to make a very special baptismal gown for a long awaited, much prayed for, and dearly loved little angel,
 



 
But I've been asked not to post it until after December 14, so you'll have to admire the garment bag and candle bow. When I'm able to post the gown, I'll post the whole story of the gown too. I'm giddy waiting to share, but I'll respect the request of the recipient
 
Now that things are settling down, I'll have more time to blog.

4 comments:

  1. Squeeeeee!!!! I'm so excited!!! And it has its own BAG! :D

    Thank you so much, my dear friend!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so welcome! And if you're squealing this loudly about the bag... my goodness... I'll need earplugs when you see the gown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Moppet's godfather has the gown, and its accessories. I can't wait for you and godmother to see it! ( Godmother's best friend says I've outdone myself- We'll see!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just posted about the baptism with pictures!! Thank you SO MUCH for the BEAUTIFUL dress, slip and bonnet! She looked gorgeous! I wish you could have been there. Here's the link: http://prayingwithmyfeet.blogspot.com/2013/12/baptism.html (I'm going to do more pictures of her and the dress later and will post those too.)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Being married to a wonderful husband, with his incredible son, awesome nephew and pretty neat father can have it's challenges, but it's always rewarding. Singing in the church choir and sewing for those I love are always wonderful blessing. I hope you enjoy my thoughts, and projects. SS