Monday, December 13, 2010

At It Again

Now it's not funny. This is just a huge tease.

I woke up this morning to find... snow....again...not sticking to the ground.

There were a few leaves that had accumulated a coating, and telltale icicles lined the interstate, but for the most part, just bone chilling cold.

When I was much younger, I remember reading a book, where the main character squinched her nose, crossed her eyes and then she could use her imagination to make the distorted image into some wild creature. I don't remember that book title, but I thought about that line today. If I squinch my nose, cross my eyes, and try really hard, it might, just might seem like I'm in Russia- a very cold winter.

I have a Russian final today, as I stated earlier. Maybe the cold will help me study some today! After all, it's a good day to stay inside.

5 comments:

  1. Susanna, this is not even funny.

    SEND US SOME SNOW!!!

    (c;

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been trying to send you snow. It doesn't work. I even put in an order with "The Weatherman" for your snow. He laughed! He said it was the state line causing problems! ( I'll see if I can freeze some and send it to you. How big of a box do you want? Postage stamp size? )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, let's see: maybe a 12' x 20' x 1' ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susanna,
    May I recommend the movie Dr Zhivago? Tons of snow in that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you tgw! That's one I have yet to see, but I'm sure, if I stay in Russian for the next few years, it's one I won't be able to ignore much longer.

    Crazy thing is, the heatwave we had today! Guess that's winter in the Deep South for you!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Being married to a wonderful husband, with his incredible son, awesome nephew and pretty neat father can have it's challenges, but it's always rewarding. Singing in the church choir and sewing for those I love are always wonderful blessing. I hope you enjoy my thoughts, and projects. SS