Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunday Snow

Today, as we were waiting to start Matins, my husband came into the church and said " Either it's snowing, or there are paint chips falling off the church". Now, our church building is a little older, and might need a coat of paint, but it wasn't paint chips.

Alabama December Snow ..... 

It almost sounds like a book title. Could be a CD. Definitely a Hallmark Movie of the week, but more like an episode of Believe it or Not! After church, we all went out to find a more believable snow effort. The kids were dancing outside, parents strongly encouraging jackets, and their requests falling on mostly deaf ears. I checked with my family, scattered across North Central area- they all had snow. 

We managed the drive home with no trouble, considering the white flakes decided they'd rather dance in the air than melt on the ground. That's the way it is here though- it could snow forever, and never, ever stick. It makes for a wet, miserable mess. I found my nephew admiring the Christmas tree, wrapped mummy-style in a snowflake blanket. Noticing a theme, I started the hot chocolate and vegetable soup. 

Now, I have a few things to finish before tomorrow. I have a Russian Final,(какая трудна! How Hard!!) and I need to study ( I guess updating the blog is considered procrastination?) I have to finish a smocked dress for my niece's Christmas dress. (I've procrastinated on that one too long now!) 

So, with that, I'm off to have delicious vegetable soup with my family, watch the last of the flurries, and crack open my Russian Book..... 

дас веданя!
(or Goodbye for now!)


2 comments:

  1. I'll definitely have to keep this one from the children - they'd have a fit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about you, and the children, when everyone was running wild around the playground!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Being married to a wonderful husband, with his incredible son, awesome nephew and pretty neat father can have it's challenges, but it's always rewarding. Singing in the church choir and sewing for those I love are always wonderful blessing. I hope you enjoy my thoughts, and projects. SS